A LITTLE SONG FOR YOUR HOLIDAY PLEASURE
On the first day of Christmas…
1. Use Energy Saving Lights for Decorating House and Tree.80-90% less energy!
2. Set Out Separate Trash and Recycling Bins for Guests.Make it easy for them.
3. Compost Your Tree. Have it chipped up for mulch or compost, or purchase a living tree to plant later.
4. Gift CFL Bulbs. For the friend or family member who has everything.
5. Recycle Office Paper for Packing. Shredded paper makes great filler.
6. Send the Very Best with E-Mail . Send e-cards and spare the trees!
7. Microwaves Save Energy. Use microwave or pressure cooker whenever possible, cutting cooking time and saving energy.
8. Recycle Last Year's Cards for Stickers. Cut out images from last year's cards to create "to" and "from" stickers.
9. Gift Recipes, Dress-up Clothes and Other Recycled Products. A book of favorite recipes for the cook on your list or a box of dress-ups for young kids?
10. Go Organic. Choose organic foods for your holiday dinner. Easier on the environment and much tastier!
11. Re-Use Paper for Gift Wrap. Dressed up brown paper bags and newspaper make fine wrapping paper. Most people are more concerned with what's inside anyway.
12. Break Out the Good Stuff. Use metal flatware, real glasses and dishes, and cloth napkins and tablecloths. They look better, your guests will appreciate it, and you're not creating any waste!
…and a free-range turkey in a pear tree :-)
*with thanks to Farmers' Almanac.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS from CHATHAM RECYCLES!
Visit Us on Facebook too!